Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Email Home 3.7.2016

This week has been really great! I got to Brainerd on Wednesday. Brainerd is like the complete opposite of St Paul so it has been, and still is, an adjustment. This is a tiny town and all of the areas are really far away from each other. This area is probably even bigger then Carlton.  My new companion is Elder Taugavau. He is from Oakland, California. I still don't know too much about the area. We are still kind of in the planning stages of what we want to happen this transfer. We live with a member, the Simon's. They have a dog and a cat. Missionaries have been living there for about 6 years. I found Preston's name in the Testimony book all of the missionaries sign, and the Simons still remember him. Our area is so big that about once a week or every other week we travel an hour and stay with some members in Pine River, Minnesota. Their name is the Oettles. After I unpacked here in Brainerd I had to repack a few days of clothes to go to Pine River which was really weird but also really fun. I haven't met with any investigators yet. We have spent most of our time with less actives. We had 11 recent convert and less active lessons last week alone. On Sunday we got the prospective elder and part member family lists. We have 106 Prospective Elders and 61 Part Member families. We organized the lists by city and we are going to tackle as many as we can this week because we hardly know any of them. I got a speaking assignment for next week. I will be speaking on the blessing of righteous obedience.

Monday and Tuesday was spent saying good bye to everyone in St. Paul. There was some amazing members in that ward. I am definitely going to miss a lot of them. I will send pictures on the Shared Album.

I am getting close to the end of the Book of Mormon again. I love the simple truths and stories which are in it. No one can read this book without getting closer to Christ. When I finish the Book of Mormon. I am going to put my efforts to finishing the New Testament. 

We got access to the Easter Video Yesterday! it is amazing. I hope you all find a way in which you can share it to those who aren't members of the church. It will come out on March 13th to the Public. We just have it on our missionary portal.

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Lambertsen

No comments:

Post a Comment