Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Email Home 5.11.2016

Hey Family!

Things have been going really well out here. Last night we had a lesson with Samantha. She set her baptismal date for July 17th. Even though we both think that she will be ready way before then. Last night we also saw Isaiah again. We watched the restoration video with him. He is more difficult to teach because he is 15 years old and has a bunch of questions that really derail what we are trying to teach. But watching the video was really good because he was able to follow it really well and we got the entire restoration lesson in without any interruptions. Well except for the 80 pound bulldog puppy running around distracting all of us. Other than that it went well. 

Last week we switched floors with the Simons. We moved upstairs because they can't Handle the stairs too well anymore so we are now on the top floor which is nice. We have a lot more privacy now. They are now on the main floor.

We have a friend from St. George, Utah staying with us this week. He is staying across the hall from us. He is really busy and so are we so we haven't seen too much of him.

President and Sister Forbes attended church with us this last Sunday. It was great to see them there. They attended ward council and spoke in sacrament meeting. They were also able to meet a few of our investigators. Sister Forbes made a good connection with Samantha and was able to teach her great things.

Then we had zone conference on Monday which also was amazing. President Forbes gave trainings on controlling the teaching environment. He also trained us on the 4 different accounts of the first vision. He gave us the backgrounds and histories which was really interesting to listen to. We received other great trainings from the zone leadership.

This week I started putting my study journal on to my iPad so my notes can be more organized and actually make sense. They will now be a lot easier to reference. It has been really cool to see how much I have actually learned. The beginning of my notebook starts with mission prep and my first studies from Preach My Gospel. The first thing I studied out of Preach My Gospel was the Christ like attributes. That chapter is probably the chapter I learned the most about on my mission and the area in which I developed the most. The best way to learn about the gospel and become more Christ like is to study his attributes. Slowly, over time we become more like Jesus Christ.

Have a great week everyone

Elder Lambertsen

No comments:

Post a Comment