Monday, September 15, 2014

So, Elder, How's the Weather?

Family and friends,

I have not yet gotten my winter gear, that will probably happen next p-day. The weather here has gone through some drastic mood swings but this week it's supposed to level out I've heard.

I have not yet been assigned to speak in Sacrament meeting, but I am sure it is coming soon.

First p-day was spent grocery shopping, ate at Taco Bell, then we played basketball for about 3 hours and were still feeling it 3 days later, the same thing will probably happen today. The state fair was over a few days before I got here. The Book of Mormon Musical just wrapped up yesterday, I'm sure questions will be coming.

The previous elders in this area were extremely lazy, there was no teaching pool, and the people that were interested were not taught properly, the area books are completely out of date, so we are basically starting from scratch. We have been doing a lot of street contacting and tracting with little to no success. I can't even imagine how we will be able to find people in the dead of winter.

As for my area I cover Oakdale, Woodbury, East St. Paul, Maplewood, Lake Elmo, West Lake Land and Stillwater.

Thursday I went on an exchange to Riverfalls, Wisconsin with Elder Young, who is also from Centerville and graduated from Viewmont in 2013, pretty small world. Riverfalls is a college town so a lot of the people there are open to talking. We were able to place two Books of Mormon and then taught one restoration lesson. Probably the most successful day so far, but as for my area we are really struggling for anyone to even give us the time of day.

We do have a couple people that were investigating but I think the previous elders were too focused on being their friend than actually teaching them.

We have a few walls to get over; hopefully we will be able to get this area running properly in a few weeks.

Elder Lambertsen

No comments:

Post a Comment