Monday, July 18, 2016

Not Transferred After All!

Hello Family! Do I have a story for you all!

So last week we found out transfers. I was super bummed out because I was getting transferred. I spent most of Monday and Tuesday packing. As soon as I got all my stuff into the car and my bike on the rack. We went to go help a member move. We got a text from President Forbes saying "please call" I never like seeing those texts. So we called him and guess what happened? He didn't answer. So we waited in agony as we helped this family move for him to give us a call back. After a while one of the AP's called us. They changed the transfer on us! So I got to stay in Brainerd for these last few weeks and Elder Patrick got transferred. That is like the first time something like that has happened to me. When that happened me and Elder Patrick changed moods. I was super happy and he was super bummed out. We had to rush back home and I got to unpack and he got to pack. I then was informed that I would be district leading and training these last 6 weeks. So I got to go to Bloomington this week. I dropped off Elder Patrick and went to our trainers meeting. We had 26 new missionaries come out. So about half of the mission is training or being trained right now. I worked with a couple of other missionaries in Bloomington until the new missionaries arrived. We came back to the chapel to pick up our new companions. My new companion is Elder Russon.

We have had a pretty good week so far. We were able to go up to Pine River. We visited with a couple families. We were able to see Dale again. We finished putting up his horse corrals and he showed us around the property. I got stung by a hornet, so did my companion. It wasn't fun! 

We didn't have any investigators at church this last week but we had a bunch of less active's come. It was really good to see.

The former bishop referred us to an excommunicated member. He has been excommunicated for quite a number of years. We called him and set up an appointment. He invited us in and told us the story (his side of it). We shared a message on how we need to be spiritually fed just as much as we need to be physically fed. We will start working with him more as well with in these coming weeks.

We should be setting a baptismal date with Scotty tonight. It will be the first person that Elder Russon invites to be baptized. I will let you know how it goes. 

I don't think there is much more to update you on. Have a great week!


Elder Lambertsen

No comments:

Post a Comment